7 TIPS FOR A GREAT LOGO
1. Use One Color
The first tip is to use one color. And some of you might disagree with me here, some of you may have seen some brands that use multiple colors. But I think it’s good to use one simple color to represent your brand. And you’ll see this in a lot of the brands that I’ve helped create. Galaxy Design is blue all the way, Yogahound, they use green. And you can also think about this for a lot of businesses. Home Depot and A&W are orange, Rogers and YouTube are red. If you use one color, and you associate that with your brand, that is going to help brand recognition quite a bit.
2. Use Simple Shapes
I’m a big advocate of utilizing simple geometry in logos. Sometimes a client will come to me with a logo idea that’s very complicated, and I have to tell them “you’re going to have to simplify that logo a little bit.” If you look at a lot of my logo work, and even some logos of other successful brands out there, you’re going to see simple geometry, such as circles, squares, and triangles, used to great effect.
3. Look Good Big and Small
When you’re picking your logo, you want something that’s going to look good on a huge billboard, but is also going to look good as a little watermark on your Facebook posts. And again, a lot of the logos that look good at small and large scales are those logos that use simple colors and simple shapes.
4. Be Recognizable
The best logos are those that stick in your head, and every time you see them, you just can’t help thinking about that brand. And sometimes it’s good to have a little bit of a gimmick in your logo. The arrow in the FedEx logo and the A to Z in the Amazon logo are two examples of really good creative recognizable logo designs, at least in my opinion.
5. Be Informative
I think that it’s truly great if your logo can convey something about your brand to your audience. Let’s take for example one of my favorite logo’s that I’ve designed, the Yogahound logo. And I think that this logo really well represents that balance and harmony sought by those who practice yoga. So I think It’s really great if you can have a logo that convey’s something about your brand. And as soon as your audience see’s your logo, they already know what you’re about.
6. Be Original
It can often be tempting to look at the various logo designs that are out there and kind of combine some elements or maybe even rip off a logo that you really like, but I think that that’s a really bad idea. I think that you want to have a logo that really stands out, something that’s really original. Otherwise people might start to confuse your brand with other brands.
7. Target a Demographic
And my last tip here, you’re going to want to make that logo targeted to a specific demographic. So of course with any marketing that you’re doing, you’re going to want to make sure you have a target demographic in mind. For example, let’s take two very different logos. Let’s say you have the Monster Energy Drink logo, and the Xerox logo, now looking at these two logos, the Monster Energy Drink logo, it’s very brightly colored, a lot of jagged edges, lots of effect on it, it’s marketed towards people who are hardcore, people who like dirt bikes and tattoos, stuff like that. Then let’s look at the Xerox logo, it’s marketed toward a completed different demographic, we’re talking business professionals here, suit and tie type of guys. So we have a clean, crisp logo, that’s very professional. And it would be really weird if you took the style of the Monster Energy Drink logo, and used that to market toward professionals. So it’s important to have a target demographic in mind when you’re choosing your logo.
DON'T WASTE TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Turn off Notifications - This might seem counter-intuitive to you at first because you might think that you want those notifications there to let you know when people are interacting with your accounts, but trust me you are going to be checking your social media enough. I find notifications on social media super distracting, they will very often take your mind off of the thing that you're meant to be focused on in the moment. Ever since I turned off notifications I find that I actually use social media in a productive way. So go ahead and turn off those notifications, and you'll thank me later.
2. Create a Schedule - I have strict schedule of when I post on social media. I set aside half an hour every day to prepare a post for social media and publish it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And I find that scheduling that time ensures that I'm using it efficiently, and that I'm publishing the type of content that I want my audience to see. So if you want to be posting on social media daily, then make sure you have a little bit of time set aside each and every day.
3. Set Goals - When I set goals for my social media accounts, I find that I use my time a lot more efficiently. For instance, a recent goal of mine has been to get my business Instagram account up to 400 followers. So for the past few weeks all of my activity on that platform has been directed towards that goal. And now that I've hit that number, I can set a new goal, so now I want to reach 500 followers. The point is that when I have a goal in mind I can focus my efforts on achieving that goal, and not just scrolling through my feed randomly, wasting time.
4. Evaluate - Social media platforms have a lot of analytics. This is particularly true with Facebook and YouTube. When you post content on those platforms, it is important that you go through the stats and evaluate how those posts are performing. So I'll give you an example: I post content on a lot of platforms, and lately I've been going through the data, and I've noticed that lately I've had a lot of success directing traffic to my website using Instagram. And now I know that I should be putting more effort into that platform, and had I never looked at the analytics I would have never known. If you want to save time on social media it's important to use analytics to evaluate your social media activity.
5. Prepare - The goal with a lot of social media platforms is to be able to post every day. So if you don't have time to prepare posts every day it's important that you prepare posts in advance. So what I try to do when creating content for social media is create BULK CONTENT. So instead of designing one post, I'll design 10 posts, and then I'll have content for the next week and a half. With a lot of social media platforms, success is about keeping up with the algorithm, and we have to make sure we're developing systems that will allow us to make the best use of our time.
3 TIPS TO ENHANCE SEO
1. Use Google Trends - Google Trends is a tremendous resource for anyone who is publishing content online. On Google Trends you can find out what topics within your area of interest is trending at the moment. And if you take those topics, and integrate them into the content that you're creating, you're going to see that content getting a lot more engagement. Google Trends also provides all sorts of analytics, for example you can see what topics are trending within a certain demographic region. Just play around with Google Trends a bit, and I think you're going to find that it's a tremendous resource.
2. Use SERPs - Basically SERPs allows you to put in your area of interest, and It will tell you all the keywords associated with that topic, and how they rank of search engines. And just like with Google Trends, you take those keywords and incorporate them into your website and social media posts, and you're going to find that your web traffic will go up quite a bit.
3. Make Videos - There are so many opportunities out there for companies that want to produce video content. A little bit of video content can generate a lot of interest in your business. If you're stumped for ideas for videos, the way that I come up with videos is I just think of something I'm passionate about, something that I have a bit of knowledge about, and I just share that. I recommend that you start making videos, it's going to go a long way to increasing your traffic, and you might be suprised how much it converts!
GET MORE INSTRGRAM FOLLOWERS
1. Post Often - I post on Instagram about 2-3 times a day because I find that with Instagram, if you aren't posting often, you aren't going to stay relevant. So if you don't have time every day to get that content together you need to make sure you get that content ready in advance so that you can post 2-3 times a day.
2. Know your Hashtags - If you're posting on Instagram you want to make sure you're using the right hashtags to find your audience. And the way that I do that is by developing a hashtag list. I have a list on my computer of a bunch of relative hashtags for me. And depending on your area of interest, your hashtags are going to be different. I recommend you use a hashtag generator to save time on this.
3. Develop a Style - You want to develop a style of post so that when people see you content they immediately know its your brand. You want you customers to associate that style of posts with you. When it comes to success on Instagram consistency is key, so you want to make sure you're using consistent branding across all of your posts.
4. Use a Watermark - Get a watermark of your logo, f you don't have a logo you can talk to me about that, and put your logo on the bottom of your post, or bottom of your post. Just having that logo on your posts is really going to help with brand recognition.
5. Stick to your Niche - This is something that a lot of people struggle with, but the best performing accounts are those that have a niche and they don't deviate from that niche. For example, if you have an account that's about gaming, then you want to make sure that all of your posts are about gaming, not D&D or collecting action figures, gaming. If you guys want to be successful on Instagram make sure target a specific niche, and don't deviate from your niche.